Wrought iron collection from the Board of Museum
In 1933, the Board of Museums of Barcelona delivered their old wrought iron collection to the Cau Ferrat Museum to add it to the Santiago Rusiñol collection. In 1936 the collection was installed in the Maricel Palace, which had been rented the previous year to the heirs of Charles Deering, the owner, to allocate the extension of the Cau Ferrat Museum. The collection was exposed and open to the public until 1970, year of the closure of the Palace museum.
The Sitges Heritage Consortium work plan for 2015 provides a comprehensive restoration program of the wrought iron collection.